TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR PKI OPERATORS ON PUBLIC KEY INFRASTRUCTURE AND DATA SURETY
26-27 November 2013
The working language of the technical training will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
Training Clerk, Training Unit, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6171
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide PKI Operator with the basic knowledge and technical understanding on Data Authentication, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Concepts and Terminology and Data Surety, how to generate Key pairs and submit certificate requests, and how to retrieve and install certificates for Radionuclide and Waveform Stations systems such as SSI, Guralp, Nanometrics.
- Basic Information on Data Authentication
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Concepts and Terminology
- Data Surety
- Command and Control
- PKI Portal introduction
- Hands-on: generate key pairs and submit certificate request; retrieve and install certificates for SSI software and Guralp and Nanometrics digitizers.
Nominated PKI Operators at IMS stations.
Candidates must be proficient in English.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, not later than 15 September 2013.
However, pending the official nomination, participants may fax the registration, upon its approval by a director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants are requested to use the provided form: WORD
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover accommodation and related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
- Accommodation: the PTS will organize accommodation for the participants.
- Insurance: All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.