TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR RADIONUCLIDE STATION OPERATORS WITH CANBERRA EQUIPMENT
Canberra Industries Inc. Meriden, USA
10-11 October 2013
The working language of the technical training will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Chen Yu Liu-Kiebacher
Administrative Clerk, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6588
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide hands-on training and practical lessons to Station Operators on the operation, maintenance and repair of the Canberra Gamma Detector System manufactured by Canberra Industries Inc.
These courses shall cover the following topics:
- Basic detector theory;
- Basic Genie2k operation;
- Detector calibration;
- Detector evacuation;
- Detector cooling system operation and routine maintenance;
- Trouble-shooting detector, MCA and cooling system;
- Preamplifier replacement;
- Earth loops and how to avoid/cure them;
- Improving detector resolution; and
- Any other relevant element to the maintenance of the detection system.
Station operators of IMS radionuclide stations equipped with Canberra detectors who are directly concerned with the operation, maintenance and repair of such equipment.
Candidates must be proficient in English.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, not later than 1 August 2013.
However, pending the official nomination, participants may email the registration, upon its approval by a director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants requesting for PTS-funding are requested to enclose their passport copies along with their registration forms.
Applicants are requested to use the provided form: WORD
(Applicable to PTS-funded participants only)
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover accommodation and related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Requirement: scanned passport copies.
Other Pertinent Information
- Accommodation: the PTS will organize accommodation for the participants. Participants will be expected to pay for their hotel stay out of their DSA, which they receive from a representative of the PTS upon their arrival at the training programme venue.
- Insurance: All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.