TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR WAVEFORM STATION OPERATORS OF JOINT IMS AND USGS STATIONS
16-20 September 2013
The working language of the technical training will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
Training Clerk, Training Unit, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6171
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Operators with the basic knowledge and technical understanding of the Operations, Maintenance and Management of a joint USGS/ASL and IMS Auxiliary Seismic Station. More specifically, to provide hands-on training on USGS (Quanterra Q330) acquisition systems and the Standard Station Interface (SSI).
- Overview of Operational Manuals (IMS and IDC);
- Concept of operations and maintenance in the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS);
- Communication with the PTS and USGS. Reporting tools (IRS and IRS client);
- Problem reporting, configuration change request, configurations change notification, outage request;
- Overview of the Standard Station Interface (SSI) data collection and transmission software;
- Overview of the USGS acquisition system (Quanterra Q330, plus STS-2/STS2.5 or CMG-3T/3TB or Trillium 120/240 seismometers), plus USGS standard power system;
- Demonstration covering all hardware and software functionality, input and output requirements, appropriate applications, installation techniques;
- Discussion on typical operation and maintenance situations.
Station operators of joint USGS/ASL and IMS Auxiliary seismic stations, who are directly concerned with the operation, maintenance and repair of such equipment.
Candidates must be proficient in English.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, not later than 31 July 2013.
However, pending the official nomination, participants may email the registration, upon its approval by a director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants requesting for PTS-funding are requested to enclose their passport copies along with their registration forms.
Applicants are requested to use the provided form: WORD
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover accommodation and related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Requirement: scanned passport copies.
Other Pertinent Information
- Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance
- Accommodation: the PTS will organize accommodation for the participants.
- Insurance: All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.