TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR WAVEFORM STATION OPERATORS WITH GURALP EQUIPMENT
13-17 May 2013
The working language will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
Training Clerk IDC/CBT, CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6171; Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The objective of the Technical Training Programme is to provide Station Operators with the basic knowledge and technical understanding of the Operations, Maintenance and Management of an IMS Station using Waveform technology and, more specifically, to provide hands-on training on Guralp equipment and the Standard Station Interface (SSI).
- Overview of Guralp equipment;
- Overview of the Standard Station Interface (SSI) data collection and transmission software;
- Demonstration covering all hardware and software functionality, input and output requirements, appropriate applications, installation techniques, initial set-up parameters and methods of calibration;
- Demonstration as well as hands-on training into Guralp digitizer software functionality when paired with sensors, covering information management, configuration, data and state of health monitoring. The demonstrational focus on periodic maintenance activities and operational issues including remote troubleshooting, common error indicators, like problem causes and potential fixes;
- Demonstration and hands-on opportunity to connect and pair sensors to digitizers which focuses on field installation issues, initial set-up parameters, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes, and fine tuning the installed system to achieve desired data quality results;
- Overview of Operational Manuals (IMS and IDC);
- Concept of operations and maintenance in the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS);
- Communication with the PTS. Reporting tools (IRS and IRS client);
- Problem reporting, configuration change request, configurations change notificiation, outage request;
- Discussion on typical operation and maintenance situations.
Station operators of IMS stations using Guralp equipment directly concerned with the operation, maintenance and repair of such equipment. Candidates must be proficient in English.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS Point of Contact above, no later than 8 March 2013.
However, pending the official nomination, the participant may fax the registration form upon its approval by a Director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangement by the PTS.
Registration form WORD
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
- The training is open only for station operators from invited countries.
- Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.
- Accommodation: The PTS will organize accommodation for the participants.
- Insurance: all PTS-funded participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.