5TH WORKSHOP ON THE OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE (O&M) OF THE IMS
5-9 October 2015
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Ms. Elena Fazilova
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6258
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The Workshop will:
- Facilitate interaction of Station Operators by participation in focused group discussions;
- Provide an updated vision of the challenges ahead and highlight the major achievements in the Operations and Maintenance of the IMS stations;
- Focus on the importance of Data Availability as a Key Performance Indicator for the IMS stations;
- Provide a forum to update Station Operators on the latest tools available for monitoring the IMS networks (SOH), assessing its performance (PRtool); assessing Stations Operators' performance (SOPET);
- Update participants on the status of Data Authentication.
The main themes of the O&M 2015 Workshop will be
- Ensuring High levels of DA
- Planned Upgrades
- Configuration Management
- Interaction with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering
- Best practices including standardization of reports and
Operations and Maintenance plans
-Feedback to PTS for lessons learned
- Analysing results
- PKI and Data Surety
- IMS Infrasound Technology
- IMS station Lightning Protection
- Waveform Data Signal Processing
- Communications Troubleshooting
- IMS stations Reliability & Modelling
Approximately 30 internal and 100 external participants
REGISTRATION AND ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Authors are invited to register and submit abstracts of proposed contributions through online registration, ctnw.ctbto.org, and the abstract submission forms. No registration fee will be charged. While authors can indicate their preference for an oral or poster presentation, the final choice will be made by the Organizing Committee. By submitting an abstract, authors implicitly agree to the publication of their abstract and presentation materials by the CTBTO. Abstract will be made available in a Book of Abstracts.
Deadline for abstract submission, registration and application for funding:
1 May 2015
ABSTRACTS can now be submitted
States Signatories wishing to nominate experts are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission by the mentioned deadline.
Financial support may be available to a limited number of participants. Such assistance must be requested at the time of registration and no later than 1 May 2015. Financial support will be considered only for those who have submitted an abstract. Participants are strongly encouraged to first seek travel and participation funds from non-CTBTO sources.
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover the related expenses during the workshop programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and workshop participants will receive their remaining DSA upon arrival; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the workshop.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing. The Provisional Technical Secretariat will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.
Participants are advised to make hotel reservations as soon as possible due to the high demand for hotel rooms in October.