NDC CAPACITY BUILDING: NDC WAVEFORM ANALYST TRAINING COURSE
Vienna International Centre, Vienna, Austria
16 February to 13 March 2015
The working language will be English
Point of Contact
Ms. Elena Fazilova
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6258
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To strengthen the capacity of the States Signatories' participation in the verification regime and to enhance their use of PTS data and products for civil and scientific applications.
- Introduction and overview;
- Technical issues faced by NDCs after attending the 2-week NDC Capacity Building Training Course;
- Practical sessions on (1) Access and Use of IMS Data and IDC Products, (2) Installation and of use of Standard Software Packages;
- Processing of IMS data and analysis of IDC Products;
- Hands-on exercises in analysing waveform events;
- Practical sessions on how to incorporate local seismo-acoustic station data into NDC-in-a-Box software package, etc.
- The training is only open to the CTBT States Signatories, in particular to those participating in the Capacity Building Programme;
- Technical staff/authorized users involved or to be involved in the use of IMS data and IDC products;
- NDC staff is the main target group;
- Should have participated in a previous 2-week capacity building training course "NDC Capacity Building: Access and Analysis of IMS Waveform Data and IDC Products" or the equivalent e-learning training course;
- Experience in waveform data analysis; and
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating system and SQL would also be beneficial.
Application Procedure and Deadline
NDC technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this training through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs).
Applicants are requested to use the registration form:
RF_NDC Capacity Building: NDC Waveform Analyst Training Course
and apply and submit this no later than 5 December 2014. Applications will be reviewed and subsequently applicants will be notified.
However, pending the official nomination, the participants may fax the registration upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover the related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and workshop participants will receive their remaining DSA upon arrival in Vienna; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the workshop.
Other pertinent information
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing. The Provisional Technical Secretariat will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.