REGIONAL TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME ON OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE FOR IMS STATION MANAGERS
Institute of Geophysics at the China Seismology Bureau
13 - 16 May 2014
The working language will be English (all relevant presentations translated into Chinese)
Administrative Point of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
Training Clerk, IDC/CBT
Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6171
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Managers with the basic knowledge of operation and maintenance for seismic, infrasound and radionuclide IMS stations under T&E and PCA contracts. In particular:
- Technical understanding of role of stations for CTBT, IMS, IDC and OSI;
- T&E and PCA contracts and responsibilities;
- Knowledge and skills regarding management, operations and maintenance of an IMS station;
- Introduction to the CTBTO procurement process and how to initiate a change in the station budget.
- Overview of Operations and Maintenance Planning at IMS stations
- Relevant financial rules of the PTS and the approval process
- What is included in the T&E and PCA contract
- Managerial responsibilities under the T&E/PCA contract
- Unscheduled maintenance procedures
- Reporting via IRS and Station Summary Reports
- Station Specific Documentation
- Basic configuration management principles relevant to IMS station management
- Preparation of Operation and Maintenance plan and budget
Individuals with managerial and planning responsibility at IMS stations with T&E or PCA contracts. Candidates must be proficient in Chinese or English.
The target countries for this regional training are all belonging to the South East Asia, Pacific and Far East (SEAPFE) region.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form and submit it to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 9 April 2014: TTP O&M Registration Form
Submitted applications will be reviewed and successful applicants subsequently notified.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the technical programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and technical meeting participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in China; and
- All PTS-funded participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.