TECHNICAL MEETING ON SHI SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AT THE IDC
Vienna International Centre, Austria
2 - 4 June 2014
The working language will be English
Administrative Point of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
Training Clerk, IDC/CBT
Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6171
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The on-going IDC Re-engineering project expected to be completed at the end of 2015 focuses on significant enhancements to individual components of the SHI automatic and interactive processing as well as data and product dissemination and software quality assurance.
Following the completion of IDC Re-engineering, the IDC is considering engaging in designing a unified architecture for all SHI software, across processing stages, to pave the way for further functionality enhancements and also to enable the IDC to integrate software developed in-house or contributed by external partners into a coherent whole. This architecture is intended, to the extent possible, to allow reuse of the existing code base and to make use of the software developed as part of IDC Re-engineering, while applying universally accepted software architecture patterns.
This meeting will bring together software development experts to review high-level requirements that will form the basis for the development of the architecture following system design techniques based on UML (Unified Modelling Language) and RUP (Rational Unified Process). The participants will be briefed on the work done by the PTS to date and will be expected to provide input on additional requirements and their priority.
- Introduction to SHI architecture design using UML
- IDC System Requirements Review
- IDC System Requirements Review (continued)
- Expert Presentations on key technologies
- Breakout groups on key technologies
Experts responsible for the software development for waveform monitoring at the National Data Centres.
Experts involved in software development for environmental monitoring applications, particularly in waveform methods, including signal processing, user interfaces and database systems.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Nominations together with the registration form should be submitted only through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 21 March 2014.
However, pending the official nomination, the applicant may fax the registration upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form: WORD
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the technical meeting;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and technical meeting participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the technical meeting.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
Other Pertinent Information
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing. The PTS will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.