TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR RUSSIAN-SPEAKING STATION OPERATORS OF WAVEFORM STATIONS
Special Monitoring Service (SMS) of the Ministry of Defence
Dubna, Russian Federation
30 June - 4 July 2014
The working language will be Russian
Administrative Point of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
Training Clerk, IDC/CBT
Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6171
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The purpose of the training is to provide Station Operators with the basic knowledge and technical understanding of the operation, maintenance and management of an IMS waveform technology station and, more specifically, to provide equipment specific training.
Station operators of IMS waveform stations from Russian speaking countries directly concerned with the operation, maintenance and repair of such equipment. The target countries are Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Turkmenistan and Ukraine.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Applicants are invited to submit their applications for this training through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS Point of Contact above, no later than 21 March 2014.
However, pending the official nomination, the applicant may fax the registration, upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form: Initiates file downloadWORD
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the technical programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and technical meeting participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Dubna; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the technical meeting.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
Other Pertinent Information
Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.
Insurance: All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third part liability insurance.