BASIC TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR RADIONUCLIDE STATION OPERATORS WITH SAUNA EQUIPMENT
18-22 May 2015
The working language will be English
Administrative Point of Contact
Ms. Elena Fazilova
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6258
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To enhance and develop Station Operators' knowledge and skills regarding the operational and maintenance aspects of the SAUNA Noble Gas Systems.
- Introduction on the noble gas system, including system-specific principles of operation, description of and functionality of major system components, such as the air sampling system, gas processing lines, gas quantification system, nuclear measurement system, State-of-Health monitors etc.;
- Introduction to the system's user manual;
- Daily routine operation of the system using system software;
- Periodic system operations, non-routine operations and data management;
- System maintenance schedule and application of the system manual.
Technical staff of IMS radionuclide stations directly responsible for the operation and maintenance of SAUNA noble gas system.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Nominations, together with the registration forms, should be submitted only through established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS Point of Contact above, no later than 13 March 2015.
However, pending the official nomination, the applicant may fax the registration, upon its approval by a Director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
RF Basic TT for Radionuclide Station Operators with SAUNA Equipment
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will reserve a hotel and participants will be able to book an accommodation using their DSAs, which they will receive upon arrival in Uppsala; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the technical meeting.
Other pertinent information
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.