BASIC TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR RADIONUCLIDE STATION OPERATORS WITH SPALAX EQUIPMENT
31 March - 3 April 2015
The working language will be English
Administrative Point of Contact
Ms. Elena Fazilova
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6258
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To enhance and develop Station Operators' knowledge and skills regarding the operational and maintenance aspects of the SPALAX Noble Gas Systems.
- Introduction and general concept of the SPALAX noble gas system and its routine operation procedure;
- Introduction to SPALAX software and basic maintenance procedures;
- Non-routine operations, maintenance and troubleshooting;
- Thermal Conductivity Detector (TCD): Basic operation and calibration procedures.
Technical staff of IMS radionuclide stations directly responsible for the operation and maintenance of SPALAX noble gas system.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Nominations, together with the registration forms, should be submitted only through established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS Point of Contact above, no later than 2 January 2015.
However, pending the official nomination, the applicant may fax the registration, upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
RF Basic TT for Radionuclide Station Operators with SPALAX Equipment
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the technical meeting.
Other pertinent information
- Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.
- Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing. The PTS will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.