INFRASOUND TECHNOLOGY WORKSHOP 2015
12 - 15 October 2015
The working language of the workshop will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Elena Fazilova
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6258
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The purpose of the Infrasound Technology Workshop 2015 (ITW2015) is to create an international forum for presenting and discussing recent advancements in infrasound research and operational capabilities of global and regional networks.
The main sessions of the ITW2015 will be:
- IMS, IDC and NDC Infrasound Projects
- Infrasound Instrumentation
- Infrasound Data Processing and Station Performance
- Infrasound Modelling & Network Performance
- Analysis of Infrasound Sources and Scientific Applications of Infrasound
As always, additional CTBT-related contributions are also welcome.
The workshop is aimed towards all scientists, engineers and other persons involved in infrasound technology and related fields.
Please be informed that the Provisional Technical Secretariat will solicit presentations and posters from participants on the topics of the Workshop.
Applicants are requested to visit our website Opens external link in new windowctnw.ctbto.org and apply online latest by 12 July 2015.
States Signatories wishing to nominate experts are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission.
Applicants are invited to submit an abstract relevant to the objectives of the Workshop. Applicants are invited to submit their abstract latest by 12 July 2015, both via the registration platform. Please specify clearly whether it will be a poster or a power-point presentation.
No registration fee will be charged.
Those requesting financial support should submit their abstract already by the deadline for application because acceptance of a poster or oral presentation is a requirement for qualifying for financial support.
(Applicable to PTS-funded participants only)
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the workshop programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and forward the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not permitted to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS.
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and workshop participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival; and
- Health insurance covering the duration of the training will be provided.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies
Other Pertinent Information
Power-Point presentations shall not exceed 20 minutes. Posters should be in either A0 or B1 format.
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing. The Provisional Technical Secretariat will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.
It is strongly recommended that prior to departure all participants should acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the workshop