NDC Capacity Building: NDC Waveform Training Course using SeisComP3
Telegrafenberg, Potsdam, Germany
5 to 9 October 2015
19 to 23 October 2015
POINT OF CONTACT
Ms. Johanna Fessl
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400 Vienna
Tel: +43 1 26030 6484
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
• The training is only open to the CTBT States Signatories, in particular to those participating in the Capacity Building Programme;
• Technical staff/authorized users involved or to be involved in the use of IMS data and IDC products;
• NDC staff is the main target group;
• Experience in waveform data analysis; and
• Experience with UNIX/Linux operating system and SQL would also be beneficial.
NDC technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this training through established officials channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs).
Applicants are requested to use the enclosed registration forms, which are also available at www.ctbto.org/the-organization/workshops-training-and-exercises/. Applications will be reviewed and subsequently applicants will be notified.
However, pending the official nomination, the participants may fax the registration upon its approval by a director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Deadline for Application
The completed registration form must be received by the PTS no later 31 August 2015.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
• A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training program;
• The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and sent the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
• Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
• The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Potsdam; and
• Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the training.
•Introduction to the key features of SeisComP3
•Installation of SeisComP3 (binary installation)
•Importing station information derived from IRIS or webdc.eu
•Station configuration including basic data acquisition
•Advanced data acquisition configuration (SeedLink, SeedLink plug-ins)
•Data management utilities (voice alert, earthquake bulletins, helicorder plots etc.)
•Practical training (focusing on manual phase and amplitude picking, first motion picking including focal mechanism determination)
•Tuning of SeisComP3 for local earthquake monitoring (including 2 pipeline configuration and scautoloc tuning)
•Customization of the SC3 modules (usage of post pickers, changes of colors, units, event IDs etc.)
•Practical training (focusing on off-line playbacks and hands-on tuning, participants can bring their own datasets)
•Trouble Shooting of SeisComP3 software
•Installing, configuring and running the CTBTO data conversion modules css2proc, proc2css, css2inv and inv2css.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing. The PTS will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.