TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR STATION OPERATORS OF AUXILIARY SEISMIC STATIONS JOINTLY OPERATED WITH IRIS/IDA
12-16 October 2015
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Ms. Johanna Fessl
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Operators with the basic knowledge and technical understanding of the operations, maintenance and management of an IMS Station using waveform technology and, more specifically, to provide hands-on training for the various operational and maintenance procedures.
The five (5) day TTP will be conducted by PTS and IRIS/IDA Staff and will cover the following topics:
- Overview of sensors, digitizers and equipment used in IMS stations covering all hardware functionality, input and output requirements, appropriate applications, installation techniques, initial set-up parameters and methods of calibration;
- Demonstration, as well as hands on training, on digitizer software functionality when paired with sensors, covering information management, configuration and data monitoring. The software demonstration shall focus on maintenance and operational issues including remote troubleshooting, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes;
- Extensive demonstration and hands-on opportunities to connect and pair sensors to digitizers which focus on field installation issues, required common and specialized tools and testing equipment, initial set-up parameters, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes, and fine tuning the installed system to achieve desired data quality results;
- Concept of operations and maintenance in the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS);
- Communication with the PTS. Reporting procedures and Reporting tools (IRS and IRS client);
- Communication with the PTS for Calibration activity;
- Hand-on for communication with the PTS.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participants(s) who are station operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following stations:
AS018, AS031, AS044, AS084, AS085, AS087, AS100, AS110
In an effort to ensure the relevant technical training is provided to the appropriate person, individuals directly related to an IMS facility should be nominated.
In order to keep the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) records for IMS facilities up to date, updates are requested either via an official station operator nomination note verbale or for the current station operator to communicate to the PTS an updated list of the local support staff.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only though established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 15 August 2015.
Applicants are requested to register via the following registration form:
Registration Form IRIS/IDA
However, pending the official nomination, participants may send the registration via email, upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements to be made by the PTS.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and technical meeting participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna; and
- Health insurance that convers the duration of the training will be provided.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.