TRAINING COURSE ON NDC CAPACITY BUILDING: ACCESS AND ANALYSIS OF RADIONUCLIDE IMS DATA AND IDC PRODUCTS
Vienna, Vienna International Centre (VIC)
7 - 18 September 2015
The working language will be English
Administrative Point of Contact
Ms. Johanna Fessl
IDC/CBT, Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products; and
- Providing practical experience in analysing IMS radionuclide data.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- NDC Support/Performance Reports;
- IMS Data, Acquisition, Processing and Storage: Standard Software Packages;
- Necessary NDC's Resources to Process IMS Data and Analyse IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on Data and Products Access, and use of Standard Software Packages, for processing and analysis of particulate and noble gas radionuclide data as well as pot processing of atmospheric transport modelling output.
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in radionuclide data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear-test-ban verification; and
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required.
Application Procedure and Deadline
NDC Technical Staff are invited to submit their applications for this training course through established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs).
The completed registration form must be received by the PTS no later than 26 June 2015
However, pending the official nomination, the registration may be faxed or emailed, upon its signature by a Director of the institution in order to not delay the preparation by the CTBTO for the candidate's participation.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
TC on NDC Capacity Building: Access & Analysis of Radionuclide IMS Data and IDC Products
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the workshop.
Requirement: scanned passport copies.
Other Pertinent Information
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS), in order to ensure timely processing. The PTS will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.