TRAINING COURSE ON NDC CAPACITY BUILDING: ACCESS AND ANALYSIS OF WAVEFORM IMS DATA AND IDC PRODUCTS
Vienna, Vienna International Centre (VIC)
9 -19 June 2015, attendance of the training course
22 - 26 June 2015, attendance of the CTBT Science and Technology Conference
The working language will be English
Administrative Point of Contact
Ms. Elena Fazilova
IDC/CBT, Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6258
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products; and
- Providing practical experience in analysing IMS data.
Furthermore, the opportunity for active participation and attendance of the CTBT Science and Technology 2015 Conference is provided by the timing of the training.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- NDC Support/Performance Reports;
- IMS Data, Acquisition, Processing and Storage: Standard Software Packages;
- Necessary NDC's Resources to Process IMS Data and Analyse IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on Data and Products Access, and use of Standard Software Packages, etc.
CTBT Science and Technology 2015 Conference
- The Earth as a complex system;
- Events and their characterization;
- Advances in sensors, networks and processing;
- Performance optimization.
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in waveform data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear-test-ban verification;
- Seismologists with an advanced degree who operate or have access to regional and local seismic network data and the means of processing that data to provide accurate phase pick information; and
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required.
Priority is also given to those having registered and have submitted abstracts for the CTBT Science and Technology 2015.
CTBT Science and Technology 2015 Conference
Experience and interest in Scientific studies related to the four themes of the conference.
Application Procedure and Deadline
NDC Technical Staff are invited to submit their applications for this training course through established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs).
The completed registration form must be received by the PTS no later than 13 February 2015.
However, pending the official nomination, the registration may be faxed or emailed, upon its signature by a Director of the institution in order to not delay the preparation by the CTBTO for the candidate's participation.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
TT on NDC Capacity Building: Acces&Analysis of Waveform IMS Data and IDC Products
CTBT Science and Technology
For information on and registration details for the SnT15 please visit the Conference Webpage. Please note that the deadline for abstract submission for SnT15 is 1 February 2015.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related accommodation and related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna; and
- All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.
Requirement: scanned passport copies.
Other Pertinent Information
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing. The PTS will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.