WORKSHOP ON CHARACTERIZATION OF RADIOXENON BACKGROUND FUNDED UNDER EU COUNCIL DECISION V
12 - 13 October 2015
The working language of the workshop will be English
POINT(s) OF CONTACT
Ms. Johanna Fessl
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The primary objectives for the workshop are to:
- Discuss the xenon measurement results obtained during campaigns performed in Japan, Kuwait and Indonesia;
- Sum up experiences gained from the different campaigns;
- Plan follow-up activities regarding xenon background measurements.
- Results from measurement campaigns in Japan, Kuwait and Indonesia and a follow-up work;
- Lessons learned from measurement system operation, maintenance and transportation;
- Future developments of mobile systems;
- Future measurement campaigns.
Applicants should be from the Organizations hosting the measurements campaigns, equipment providers or other experts involved in these background measurements.
Participants are expected to submit an abstract for an oral presentation or a poster on the topics of the workshop. This is done as part of the online application procedure and required by the same deadline (14 August 2015).
Applicants are requested to visit our website ctnw.ctbto.org and apply online latest by 14 August 2015.
Submitted applications will be reviewed and successful applicants subsequently notified.
(Applicable to PTS-funded participants only)
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and forward the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not permitted to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS.
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation;
- Upon arrival a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the workshop programme; and
- Health insurance covering the duration of the workshop will be provided.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Power-Point presentations shall not exceed 15 minutes. Posters should be in either A0 or B1 size and portrait format, or A1 in landscape orientation.
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing. The Provisional Technical Secretariat will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.
It is strongly recommended that prior to departure all participants should acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the workshop. All PTS-funded participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme under third party liability insurance.