ADVANCED TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR RADIONUCLIDE STATION OPERATORS WITH SAUNA EQUIPMENT
21-25 November 2016
The working language of the technical training will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Ms. Elena Fazilova
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6258
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide IMS station operators who already have experience operating SAUNA systems with the required in-depth knowledge and technical understanding of SAUNA noble gas monitoring systems in order to perform more complex operations and maintenance tasks.
- Six month Scheduled Maintenance Task - Practical exercises;
- Annual Scheduled Maintenance - Practical exercises.
SAUNA Detector System Principles
- Principles of beta-gamma measurement for radioxenon monitoring;
- Principles of the SAUNA spectrometry detection system.
SAUNA Detector Calibration
- Measurement sensitivity, calibration for energy, resolution and efficiency and data quality assurance;
- Calibration of interference factors, determination of radioxenon ROIs, including practical exercise;
- Timeliness and periodic schedule for detector calibration to ensure data quality and QC parameters.
Hands on Trouble-shooting:
- SAUNA SoH data analysis on expert level: detecting, understanding, and resolution of problems - examples and practical exercises, troubleshooting exercises using previous experience or past problems;
- Location dependent problems.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are Station Operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following stations:
AUX09, JPX38, CNX22, MRX43, NZX46, NOX49
In an effort to ensure that relevant technical training is provided to the appropriate person, please nominate technical staff of IMS radionuclide stations directly responsible for the operation and maintenance of SAUNA noble gas systems, preferably with more than 18 months of experience.
Applicants are encouraged to complete the following e-learning modules:
EN-MON04, EN-MON06, EN-OSI04
Available upon direct request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be proficient in English.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, not later than 15 September 2016.
However, pending the official nomination, participants may fax/email the registration, upon its approval by a director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
RF_Advanced_TT SAUNA Equipment
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and participants will receive their DSA upon arrival in Uppsala; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the training.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Notel Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.
Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.
The training program is open only to Station Operators from invited countries.