EAST ASIA REGIONAL NATIONAL DATA CENTER WORKSHOP
Government of the People's Republic of China
United States Department of State (US DOS)
Arms Control, Certification&Compliance, Washington DC.
Beijing, People's Republic of China
16 - 18 May 2016
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Ms. Elena Fazilova
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
P.O.Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6258
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Strengthen the knowledge of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission;
- Further build-up the capacity of States Signatories of the CTBT to participate in the implementation of the verification regime and assess how participants are making use of IMS data and IDC products;
- Encourage National Data Centres within the region to undertake a joint exercise for the analysis of waveform and radionuclide data and compare their results;
- Promote the exchange of experience and expertise among the NDCs.
To be provided
Invited States should nominate participant(s) who are involved in the use of IMS Data and IDC Products (waveform and radionuclide).
Preference will be given to NDC operators and NDC's customers.
This Workshop is dedicated to the following countries:
Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mongolia, Philippines, Russian Federation, Thailand, United States of America and Vietnam.
Applicants are requested to use the registration form below and submit to the PTS point of contact above, no later than the 17 of April 2016.
RF_East Asia Regional NDC Workshop
Submitted applications will be reviewed and successful applicants subsequently notified.
Applicable to PTs-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs for the workshop.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the workshop and training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Insurance: all PTS-funded participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.