NDC CAPACITY BUILDING: NDC WAVEFORM ANALYST TRAINING COURSE (APRIL)
Vienna International Centre
4 - 29 April 2016
The working language will be English
ADMINISTRATIVE POINT OF CONTACT
Ms Johanna Fessl
Training and Services Assistant
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 26030 6484
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
To strengthen the capacity of the States Signatories' participation in the verification regime and to enhance their use of IMS data and IDC products for civil and scientific applications
- Introduction and overview;
- Technical issues faced by NDCs after attending the 2-week NDC Capacity Building Training Course;
- Practical sessions on
(1) Access and Use of IMS Data and IDC Products
(2) Installation and use of Standard Software Packages
- Processing of IMS data and analysis of IDC Products;
- Hands-on exercises in analysing waveform events;
- Practical sessions on how to incorporate local seismo-acoustic station data into NDC-in-a-Box software package, etc.
- Training is only open to CTBT States Signatories, in particular to those participating in the Capacity Building Programme;
- Technical staff/authorized users involved or to be involved in the use of IMS data and IDC products;
- NDC staff is the main target group;
- Should have participated in a previous 2-week capacity building training course "NDC Capacity Building: Access and Analysis of IMS Waveform Data and IDC Products" or the equivalent e-learning training course;
- Experience in waveform data analysis; and
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating system and SQL would also be beneficial.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
Applicants are requested apply via the registration form:
RF_NDC Capacity Building: NDC Waveform Analyst Training Course
NDC technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this training through established official channels (their respective Permanent Mission to the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
However, pending official nomination, participants may fax the registration upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
All applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified about their selection status.
The completed registration form must be received by the PTS no later than 14 February 2016.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and training. Participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the training.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas as soon as possible, if required, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing. The PTS will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.