NDC CAPACITY BUILDING TRAINING COURSE: ACCESS AND ANALYSIS OF RADIONUCLIDE IMS DATA AND IDC PRODUCTS
Vienna International Centre, Austria
22 August to 2 September 2016
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Ms. Johanna Fessl
IDC/CBT, CTBTO Preparatory Commission
A-1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products; and
- Providing practical experience in analyzing IMS radionuclide data.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- NDC Support/Performance Reports;
- IMS Data, Acquisition, Processing and Storage: Standard Software Packages;
- Necessary NDC's Resources to Process IMS Data and Analyse IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on Data and Products Access, and use of Standard Software Packages, for processing and analysis of particulate and noble gas radionculide data as well as post processing of atmospheric transport modelling output.
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in radionuclide data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test-ban verification;
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required;
- Passing the e-Learning course is a prerequisite but not mandatory for the selection. Selected Participants who have not passed the e-Learning course will be prompted to do so before commencement of the training.
NDC Technical Staff are invited to submit their applications for this training course through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 19 June 2016.
Applicants are requested to register via the following registration form:
Registration Form TC NDC Capacity Building
However, pending official nomination, participants may send the registration via email, upon its approval by a Director of the institution, in order to not delay the preparation by the CTBTO for the candidate's participation.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training course;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and technical meeting participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the workshop.
Requirements: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.