TECHNICAL MEETING ON IDC VALIDATION AND ACCEPTANCE TEST PLANNING, ON THE ROADMAP FOR ACTIVITIES UNDER PHASE 5b OF IDC PROGRESSIVE COMMISSIONING AND ON THE FIRST FULL-SCALE EXPERIMENT
Vienna International Centre, Austria
12 - 14 January 2016
The working language will be English
ADMINISTRATIVE POINT OF CONTACT
Ms. Elena Fazilova
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6258
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The objectives are to obtain:
- Feedback from experts on the roadmap for Phase 5b of IDC progressive commissioning.
- Input from experts to incorporate into the Draft IDC Validation and Acceptance Test Planning so that an update can be presented at WGB-46. The Plan (available on the ECS) has not been updated in over two years. Changes to the Operational Manual must be incorporated and direct input from WGB experts is necessary.
- Input from States Signatories on the plans for a full-scale experiment in the Fall of 2016.
Session 1: Phase 5b Roadmap
- Phase 5b requirements review (TBD)
- Plans for completing requirements (PTS)
- Expert presentations, discussion and feedback
Session 2: IDC Validation and Acceptance Test Plan
- Method of work for finalizing the Plan (TBD)
- Plan organization, structure and status (PTS)
- Suggested Plan changes related to organization, structure, gaps, excesses(expert presentations and discussion)
Session 3: Fall 2016 Full-Scale Experiment
- Full-scale testing programme (PTS)
- Preliminary experiment plan (PTS)
- Testing programme/plan discussions and feedback
Experts contributions are sought for each session topic of the agenda and should focus on specific, concrete suggestions to the roadmap and plans that will help the PTS and WGB achieve positive outcomes from these activities. Supporting documents and plans will be posted on the ECS prior to the meeting.
The meeting is aimed towards scientists, engineers and other persons who have technical expertise in one of the four IMS technologies, the functions of the IDC and in performance monitoring and testing. The participants are expected to provide their technical input to the Phase 5b roadmap, the IDC validation and Acceptance Test Plan, and the Fall 2016 full-scale experiment plan.
States Signatories are expected to nominate Experts who will provide substantive inputs to these plans.
Information will be available on the Expert Communication System (ECS) prior to the meeting. Experts are expected to review and evaluate the material.
The Provisional Technical Secretariat may solicit presentations from participants on the topics of the meeting.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES and DEADLINE
All applicants are requested to apply through the online registration platform: https://ctnw.ctbto.org latest by 13 December 2015.
In addition to the online registration, States Signatories nominating experts are requested to do so through their respective Permanent Missions and to inform the PTS Point of Contact.
Applicants are invited to submit an abstract relevant to the Objectives of the Meeting at the time of registration via the registration platform.
Applicants requesting financial support must submit a relevant abstract to qualify for funding consideration.
All applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified about their selection status.
No registration fee is charged for attending the Meeting.
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
Funding will be considered for those developing country-experts fully meeting the Participants Profile.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the meeting;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and technical meeting participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna; and
- Health insurance for the duration of the meeting will be provided.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Power-Point presentations shall not exceed 20 minutes.
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing. The PTS will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.
It is strongly recommended that prior to departure all participants should acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the meeting.