TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR RUSSIAN-SPEAKING STATION OPERATORS OF WAVEFORM STATIONS
Special Monitoring Service (SMS) of the Ministry of Defence
Dubna, Russian Federation
27 June to 1 July 2016
The working language will be Russian
POINT OF CONTACT
Ms. Elena Fazilova
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO
Vienna International Centre
P.O.Box 1200, A-1400
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6258
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Operators with specific equipment training, knowledge and technical understanding of the operation, maintenance and management of an IMS waveform technology station.
- Scheduled operation and maintenance activities at IMS waveform station.
- Tools available to Station Operators.
- Introduction to Nanometrics, Guralp and SSI equipment and hands-on activties.
- Calibration of IMS seismic and infrasound stations.
Station operators responsible for daily operation and maintenance as well as those responsible for management of seismic and infrasound IMS stations in Kazakhstan, the Russian Federation and Turkmensitan that are certified or to be certified in 2016.
Invited State Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are officially designated station operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the IMS waveform technology stations.
Passing the e-Learning course is a prerequisite but not mandatory for the selection. Selected participants who have not passed the e-learning course will be prompted to do so before commencement of the training.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
Nominations together with the registration form should be submitted through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS Point of Contact above, no later than 15 April 2016.
However, pending the official nomination, the applicant may fax the registration, upon its approval by a Director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
RF_TT Programme for Russian-Speaking Station Operators of Waveform Stations
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the technical programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will reserve a hotel and participants will be able to book and accommodation using their DSA, which they will receive upon arrival in Dubna; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the technical meeting.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.
All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third part liability insurance
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.