INFRASOUND TECHNOLOGY WORKSHOP 2017
23-27 October 2017
The working language of the workshop will be English
POINT(s) OF CONTACT
Ms. Johanna Fessl
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The purpose of the Infrasound Technology Workshop 2017 (ITW2017) is to create an international forum for presenting and discussing recent advancements in infrasound research and operational capabilities of global and regional networks.
The main sessions of the ITW2017 will be:
- IMS, IDC and NDC Infrasound Projects
- Data Processing and Station Performance
- Modelling & Network Performance
- Analysis of Sources and Scientific Applications
The workshop is aimed towards all scientists, engineers, Station Operators, staff from National Data Centres and other persons involved in infrasound technology and related fields.
Please be informed that the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) will solicit presentations and posters from participants on the topics of the Workshop.
Applicants are requested to visit our website ctnw.ctbto.org and apply online latest by 28 July 2017. Applicants should specify the type of presentations (oral, poster) and needs for financial support.
Applicants requesting financial support should submit their abstract together with their application by 28 July 2017. Acceptance of a poster or an oral presentation is a requirement to qualify for financial support.
States Signatories wishing to nominate experts are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission.
Applicants are invited to submit abstracts relevant to the objectives of the Workshop by 25 August 2017 at the latest, via the registration platform.
No registration fee will be charged.
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the workshop programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and forward the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, are authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS.
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and workshop participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance on the first day of the workshop; and
- Health insurance covering the duration of the workshop will be provided.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Power-Point presentations shall not exceed 20 minutes. Posters should be in either A0 or B1 portrait (vertical) format.
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Letter from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.
It is strongly recommended that prior to departure all participants should acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the workshop.