NDC CAPACITY BUILDING:
NDC WAVEFORM ANALYST TRAINING COURSE
Vienna International Centre, Austria
6 November - 1 December 2017
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Ms Johanna Fessl
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products; and
- Providing practical experience in analyzing IMS data.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- NDC Support/Performance Reports;
- IMS Data, Acquisition, Processing and Storage Standard Software Packages;
- Necessary NDC's Resources to Process IMS Data and Analyse IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on Data and Products Access and use of SeisComp3, etc.
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in waveform data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test-ban verification;
- Seismologists with an advanced degree who operate or have access to regional and local seismic network data and the means of processing and analyzing that data to provide accurate phase-pick information; and
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required;
NDC Technical Staff are invited to submit their applications through established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 8 September 2017.
Applicants are requested to register with the following form:
RF - NDC Waveform Analyst Training Course
However, pending official transmission, participants may fax the registration to the PTS upon approval by a Director of the Institution, in order not to delay the preparation by the CTBTO for the participation of the candidate.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to the cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining DSA on the first day of the training; and
- Health insurance will be provided for the duration of the training.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
In order to ensure timely processing, participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat.