TRAINING COURSE ON NDC CAPACITY BUILDING: ACCESS & ANALYSIS OF RADIONUCLIDE IMS DATA & IDC PRODUCTS
Vienna International Centre, Austria
4 - 15 September 2017
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Mr Kevin Murray
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6327
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products; and
- Providing practical experience in analyzing IMS radionuclide data.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- NDC Support/Performance Reports;
- IMS Data, Acquisition, Processing and Storage: Standard Software Packages;
- Necessary NDC's Resources to Process IMS Data and Analyse IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on Data and Products Access, and use of Standard Software Packages, for processing and analysis of particulate and noble gas radionuclide data as well as post processing of atmospheric transport modelling output.
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in radionuclide data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test-ban verification; and
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required;
- Passing the e-Learning course is a prerequisite and considered in selection of participants.
Note: The E-Learning Training Course on NDC Capacity Building: Access and Application of IMS Data and IDC Products is accessible via the CTBTO Knowledge and Training portal (https: //ktp.ctbto.org). To register, please visit the
e-Learning webpage and follow instructions.
NDC Technical Staff are invited to submit their applications for this training course through established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 14 July 2017.
Applicants are requested to register with the following form:
RF_TC NDC Capacity Building_IMS Data and IDC Products
However, pending its official transmission, applications can be emailed to the PTS after they have been signed by the Director of the Institution, in order to not delay preparations for the candidate's participation.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) to cover the lunch, dinner, transportation and miscellaneous expenses during the training programme will be paid to training participants on the first day of the training;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the training.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
In order to ensure timely processing, participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat.