NDC CAPACITY BUILDING: NDC INFRASOUND DATA ANALYSIS TRAINING
Vienna International Centre, Austria
4 - 8 June 2018
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Ms Johanna Fessl
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for understanding infrasound sources and atmospheric propagation; and
- Providing practical experience in processing and analyzing IMS infrasound data with NDC-in-a-Box tools.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- Introduction on Infrasound Technology, Infrasound Atmospheric Propagation and Seismic-Acoustic Sources;
- IMS Data, Acquisition, Processing and Storage: Standard Software Packages;
- NDC's Resources to Process IMS Data, Analyse IMS data and understand IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on Infrasound data Processing and Analysis using Software Package from NDC-in-a-Box.
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in waveform data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test-ban verification;
- Geophysicists (or related field) with an advanced degree, who operate or have access to regional and local seismic-acoustic network data and the means of processing and analyzing that data;
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required;
- Passing the NDC e-Learning course is a prerequisite.
NDC Technical Staff are invited to submit their applications through established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 6 April 2018.
Applicants are requested to register with the following form:
RF_ NDC Capacity Building June 2018
However, pending official nomination, participants may fax the registration to the PTS upon approval by a Director of the Institution, in order to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining DSA upon arrival in Vienna; and
- All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.