NDC TRAINING FOR
FRENCH SPEAKING NDCs
Government of Madagascar
Institut et Observatoire de Géophysique d'Antananarivo (IOGA), Université d'Antananarivo
22 to 26 April 2019
The working language of the workshop will be French
POINT(s) OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6147
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products; and
- Providing practical experience in analyzing IMS data.
- Introduction and overview.
- NDC training cycle 2019-2020.
- Practical sessions on SHI Waveform Data and Products Access, and use of Standard Software Packages.
- Technical visit and field trip.
- Practical sessions and Radionuclide Data and Products Access, and use of Standard Software Packages.
- Practical sessions on ATM_Web-Grape.
- French speaking NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in waveform or Radionuclide data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear-test-ban verification;
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required.
This Training is dedicated to the French speaking countries.
French speaking NDCs technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this training course through established official channels (their Permanent Mission to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 11 January 2019.
However, pending official nomination, participants may fax the registration upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow for timely travel and accommodation arrangement by the PTS.
Registration form to be used:
RF_NDC training for french speaking NDCs
Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified subsequently.
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the candidates with daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the workshop and training programme.
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route.
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be more cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance;
- The PTS will cover the costs for accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining DSA upon arrival in Madagascar; and
- All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale/Letter from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.