TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR STATION MANAGERS OF IMS STATIONS OPERATING UNDER PCA CONTRACTS
Vienna International Centre
19-23 November 2018
The working language will be English
ADMINISTRATIVE POINT OF CONTACT
Mr Kevin Murray
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O.Box 1200, A- 1400 Vienna
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6327
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Managers with the knowledge and technical understanding of the PTS procurement process, how to initiate a change in the station budget, and how to plan for operations and maintenance at IMS stations under PCA contracts.
- Overview of Operations and Maintenance Planning at IMS stations
- Relevant financial rules of the PTS and the approval process
- What is included in the PCA contract
- Managerial responsibilities under the PCA contract
- Unscheduled maintenance procedures
- Reporting via IRS and Station Summary Reports
- Station Specific Documentation
- Basic configuration management principles relevant to IMS station management
- Preparation of Operation and Maintenance plan and budget
Individuals with managerial and planning responsibility at certified IMS stations with PCA contracts in place or PCA contracts to be concluded in 2018.
Candidates must be proficient in English.
Priority will be given to managers of specific stations targeted for this training. The countries hosting these stations receive this announcement directly through official channels.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are station managers involved in the operations and maintenance of the following stations:
Brazil: RN11, PS07, IS09;
Canada: PS08, PS09, PS10, IS10, RN14, RN15, RN16, RN17;
Cote D’Ivoire: PS15;
Germany: RN33, PS19, IS26, IS27;
Japan: RN37, RN38;
Kazakhstan: PS23, IS31;
Norway: PS27, PS28, IS37, RN49;
Papua New Guinea: RN51;
Portugal: RN53, IS42, HA07;
Thailand: RN65, PS41;
United Kingdom: IS51
Station managers of IMS stations not listed above may also apply. Their participation will be subject to availability of places in the training course.
In an effort to ensure that the training is provided to the appropriate personnel, nominated individuals shall be directly related to the management of PCA contracts.
Applicants who are selected to participate in this training will be required to complete the following e-learning modules before arriving in Vienna for the start of the course:
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only though established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 7 September 2018.
However, pending the official nomination, the participants may email the registration upon its approval by a director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants are requested to register via the following registration form:
TT SM of IMS stations PCA contracts
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the technical meeting;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight ticket to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and technical meeting participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna; and
- All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Open to individuals with managerial responsibilities at invited IMS stations
Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.