TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR STATIONS OPERATORS OF SEISMIC STATIONS & HYDRO T-PHASE WITH NANOMETRICS EQUIPMENT
Vienna International Centre, Vienna, Austria
16-20 April 2018
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Mr Kevin Murray
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6327
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Operators with the basic knowledge and technical understanding on the operations, maintenance and management of an IMS station using waveform technology and, more specifically, to provide hands-on training on Nanometrics equipment.
- Concept of operations and maintenance in the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS);
- Communication with the PTS. Introduction to the PTS Web Portal. Presentations and hands-on sessions on reporting tools and procedures;
- Overview of GCI equipment, operations and maintenance procedures;
- Introduction to Configuration Management and Station Specific Documentation;
- Overview of Nanometrics digitizers;
- Presentations and hands-on sessions on field installation, configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance procedures and tools;
- Overview of the Standard Stations Interface (SSI);
- Presentations and hands-on sessions on SSI configuration and monitoring;
- Hands-on session on sensor calibration;
- Introduction to Systematic troubleshooting - presentation and Table Top Exercise with adapted scenarios;
- Discussion on typical operation and maintenance situations.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are Station Operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following stations:
HA06, HA07, HA09
PS04, PS12, PS13, PS17, PS22, PS24, PS26, PS42
AS076, AS101, AS102
To ensure that relevant technical training is provided to the appropriate persons, please nominate individuals who are directly connected to the respective IMS facility. Station Operators who have not attended similar training in the past are especially encouraged to apply.
PKI Operators of IMS stations not listed above may also apply. Their participation will be subject to availability of places on the training course.
Applicants are encouraged to complete the following e-learning modules:
EN-MON05 -IMS Waveform Data Acquisition, Storage and Processing
EN-MON07 - Operation of the IMS Network
EN-MON10 - Maintenance of IMS Stations
EN-MON14 - Reporting by Station Operators
EN-MON15 - Completing a CCN, CCR, and SSR
EN-USER04 - Basic Linux
EN-USER10 - Introduction to Geotool
EN-POL01- CTBT History, Treaty, Organization and Verification Regime
EN-POL02 -National Implementation of the CTBT, Before and After Entry into Force
EN-POL03 - Overview of the IDC
EN-POL04 - Overview of the IMS
EN-USER10 - Introduction to Geotool
The modules are available upon request from the PTS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Linux knowledge is MANDATORY.
Candidates without specific Linux certificate are requested to take the Linux e-learning course, available upon direct request to email@example.com
Nominations, together with the registration forms, should be submitted only through established official channels (Permanent Mission to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 6 March 2018
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
RF TT SO Seismic Stations and Hydro TPhase
However, pending the official nomination, participants may send the registration via email upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements to be made by the PTS.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- A DSA that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and participants will receive their DSA on the first day of the training; and,
- Health insurance will be provided for duration of the training.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.