2ND NDC-IN-A-BOX ALPHA TESTER GROUP (ATG) TECHNICAL MEETING
Vienna International Centre, Austria
20 to 21 November 2019
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division (IDC/CBT)
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
A-1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6147
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The PTS will integrate the NET-VISA associator with SeisComP3 (SC3) and will incorporate the result of this effort into an upcoming NDC-in-a-Box release. This project is funded by the European Union in context of the EU Council Decision (CFSP) 2018/298 of 16 February 2018 (Contribution Agreement CFSP/2018/05/CTBTO VII).
During the first meeting, which took place in March 2019, participants were introduced to the basic functionality and installation procedure of the NET-VISA associator and performed the test task of its usage. The three test cases were further published on the NDC forum
for attention of participants in order to continue the test.
The purpose of the meeting announced here is to gather feedback from the participants on the testing activities related to the SeisComp3/NET-VISA integration and to obtain guidance on the further improvement that may be required in the future.
The following topics are to be discussed during the meeting:
- Results achieved by NDCs in each of the four test scenarios;
- Additional tests performed by NDCs outside of the test scenarios;
- Areas identified for further improvement.
- Participating NDCs will present the results of testing activities with emphasis on test cases 1-3. The presentation should include descriptions of issues encountered. It may also include suggestions for future improvements, if any, that would provide additional value to them;
- The ATG will work on a report summarizing the test activities including recommendations for further improvements;
- The IDC will report on improvements made to NET-VISA during the test period and present a plan for further enhancements.
Invited NDCs of the following States Signatories should nominate the same participant who attended the first meeting (replacements of a participant(s) can be considered upon request by the NDCs):
- The Republic of Botswana
- The People's Republic of China
- The State of Israel
- The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- The Republic of Kazakhstan
- The Russian Federation
- The Socialist Republic of Viet Nam
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and finaicial support to cover the travel costs:
- The DSA will be sufficient to the cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation. Training participants will receive their remaining DSA upon arrival in Vienna; and
- All particiapnts will be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
In order to ensure timely processing, participants should apply for visas, if needed, and as soon as possible, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat.