EAST ASIA REGIONAL NATIONAL DATA CENTER WORKSHOP
Government of Malaysia and the Malaysian Nuclear Agency
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9-13 September 2019
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
A-1400, Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6147
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Strengthen the knowledge of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission;
- Further build-up the capacity of States Signatories of the CTBT to participate in the implementation of the verification regime and assess how participants are making use of IMS data and IDC products;
- Encourage National Data Centres within the region to undertake a joint exercise for the analysis of waveform and radionuclide data and compare their results; and
- Promote the exchange of experience and expertise among the NDCs.
To be provided
Invited States should nominate participant(s) who are involved in the use of IMS Data and IDC Products (waveform and radionuclide).
Preference shall be given to NDC operators and NDC’s customers.
This Workshop is dedicated to the following countries:
Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Russian Federation, Singapore, Thailand, United States of America and Viet Nam
Applicants are requested to apply through the online registration platform https://ctnw.ctbto.org no later than 5 April 2019.
In addition to the online registration, States Signatories nominating experts are requested to do so through their respective Permanent Mission to the CTBTO through the PTS Point of Contact above.
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide to the candidates a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs for the Workshop.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the workshop and training program.
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route.
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
- The PTS will cover the costs for the accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Malaysia; and
- Health insurance will be provided to funded participants for the duration of the Workshop.
Requirement: scanned passport copy.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding Embassy/Consulate upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.