INTERNATIONAL NOBLE GAS EXPERIMENT WORKSHOP 2019
Federal Office for Radiation Protection (BFS)
2-6 December 2019
The working language of the workshop will be English
POINT(s) OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The purpose of the Workshop is to present and evaluate the most recent advances in noble gas monitoring in support of the CTBT.
The themes of the workshop are:
- Noble gas measurement technologies at IMS stations
and for OSI
- The analysis and interpretation of noble gas data
- Noble gas background mechanisms and measurements to characterize typical xenon and argon-37 detections in the atmosphere and the subsoil
- QA/QC and laboratories supporting the noble gas measurements
- New systems
- Noble gases in On-Site Inspections
- Atmospheric Transport Modelling
- CTBTO noble gas capabilities roadmap
The workshop is aimed towards all scientists, engineers and other persons involved in Noble Gas monitoring related to the verification of the CTBT.
Please be informed that the Provisional Technical Secretariat will solicit presentations and posters from participants on the topics of the Workshop.
Applicants are requested to visit our registration platform
ctnw.ctbto.org and apply online latest by 19 July 2019.
Financial support may be available to a limited number of participants. Such assistance must be requested at the time of registration (by selecting the relevant box during online registration) and no later than 19 July 2019.
Financial support will be considered only for those who have submitted an abstract that is subsequently accepted. Participants are strongly encouraged to first seek travel and participation funds from non-CTBTO sources.
States Signatories wishing to nominate experts are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission.
Applicants are invited to submit and abstract relevant to the objectives of the Workshop via the registration platform. Please specify clearly whether it will be a poster or a power-point presentation.
No registration fee will be charged.
(Applicable to PTS-funded participants only)
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the workshop programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for accommodation and workshop participants will receive their remaining DSA upon arrival; and
- Health insurance covering the duration of the workshop will be provided. All PTS-funded participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- Power-Point presentations shall not exceed 15 minutes.
- Posters should be in either A0 or B1 landscape format.
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.
It is strongly recommended that prior to departure all participants acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the workshop.