NDC ADVANCED TRAINING ON INFRASOUND DATA ANALYSIS
Government of France
Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique (CEA)
14-18 October 2019
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
A-1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6132
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- To improve the knowledge on infrasound technology and how it can help the verification regime and civil and scientific applications;
- To refine user skills of infrasound tools available in the NDC-in-a-Box (NiaB) package with processing data from IMS infrasound arrays and other waveform technologies;
- To learn how to use additional tools in NiaB that help enhance analysis of waveform arrays;
- To stimulate cooperation in infrasound data analysis between NDCs.
- To promote the exchange of experience and expertise in Infrasound technology among the NDCs
Presentations and discussions on:
- IMS data and IDC products and how to access them;
- DTK-(G)PMCC, advanced configuration and data analysis using data from IMS stations;
- DTK-DIVA, advance configuration and usage for data analysis;
- In-depth analysis of infrasound events with hands-on infrasound data analysis, localization of event and event characterization and interpretation;
- Working sessions on NDC projects
Applicants should be involved in the use of IMS Data and IDC Products, in particular NDC researchers and analysts, other persons involved in infrasound technology and related fields.
Participation in the Training requires the participant to have a degree in geophysics and/or atmospheric science and/or acoustics, to have experience with data processing, and to have worked in areas related to SHI technologies. Participation in the Training also requires the participant to have attended the NDC Intermediate Level Infrasound Data Analysis Training.
Participants need to bring along a laptop of recent model and satisfactory specifications in hard disk (at least 30Gb of free space) and memory (at least 2Gb of RAM) to allow the use of the NiaB Virtual Machine. This enables participants to use the software of the Commission and continue processing and analyzing SHI data after the training.
NDC Technical Staff are invited to submit their applications through established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 14 June 2019
Applicants are requested to register with the following form:
RF NDC Advance Training ON IDA_France
However, pending official nomination, participants may fax/email the registration to the PTS upon approval by a Director of the Institution, in order to not delay preparations, travela and accomodation arrangements, by the CTBTO for the participation of the candidate.
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the to the candidates a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs for the Training.
- The DSA will be sufficient to the cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost effective option for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
- Health insurance will be provided for the duration of the Training.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, and as soon as possible, at the corresponding Embassy/Consulate upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat in order to ensure timely processing.
All PTS-funded participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under thirs party liabiliaty insurance.