NDC CAPACITY BUILDING: NDC WAVEFORM ANALYST TRAINING COURSE
Vienna International Centre, Austria
4-29 November 2019
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
A-1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To be considered for this course applicants have to attend and successfully complete the two-weeks Training Course on NDC Capacity Building: Access and Analysis of Waveform IMS Data and IDC Products.
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products and
- Providing practical experience in analyzing IMS data.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- NDC Support/Performance Reports;
- IMS Data, Acquisition, Processing and Storage: Standard Software Packages;
- Necessary NDC’s Resources to Process IMS Data and Analyse IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on Data and Products Access, and use of SeisComp3, etc.
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in waveform data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test ban verification;
- Seismologists with an advanced degree who operate or have access to regional and local seismic network data and the means of processing that data to provide accurate phase pick information; and
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required.
NDC Technical Staff are invited to submit their applications through established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 1 September 2019
Applicants are requested to register with the following form:
RF NDC Capacity Building Waveform 2019
However, pending official nomination, participants may email the registration to the PTS upon signature by a Director of the Institution, in order to not delay preparations by the CTBTO for the participation of the candidate.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to the cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining DSA on the first day of the training; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the training.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
In order to ensure timely processing, participants should apply for visas, if needed, and as soon as possible, at the corresponding Embassy/Consulate upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat in order to ensure timely processing.