NDC INTERMEDIATE LEVEL INFRASOUND DATA ANALYSIS TRAINING
Government of Romania and the National Institute for Earth Physics (NIEP)
15-19 July 2019
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division (IDC/CBT)
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Improve the knowledge on how infrasound data can help in the verification regime and civil and scientific application;
- Refine user skills of infrasound tools available in the NDC-in-a-box (NiaB) package with data processing from IMS infrasound arrays and other waveform technologies;
- Use of additional tools in NiaB that help enhance analysis of waveform arrays;
- Stimulate cooperation in infrasound data analysis between NDCs;
- Promote the exchange of experience and expertise in infrasound technology among the NDCs.
Presentations and discussions on:
- IMS data and IDC products and how to access them;
- IDC Infrasound Reference Event Database (IRED)
- DTK-(G)PMCC, advanced configuration and data analysis using data from IMS stations;
- Introduction to DTK-DIVA and data analysis;
- Localisation of event using the IDC locator;
- Hands-on infrasound data-analysis;
- Event characterization and interpretation;
- Working sessions on NDC projects.
Applicants should be involved in the use of IMS Data and IDC Prodcuts, in particular NDC researchers and analysts, other persons involved in infrasound technology and related fields.
Please be informed that the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) will solicit posters from participants on the topics of the training.
Participation in the Training requires the participants to have a degree in geophysics and/or atmospheric science and/or acoustics, have experience with data processing and worked in areas related to SHI technologies. The participation in the Training also requires the participant to have attended the beginner infrasound data analysis training or regional infrasound integrated training.
Although computer resources are going to be provided during the training, it is highly recommended that participants bring along a laptop of recent model and satisfactory specifications in hard disk (at least 30Gb of free space) and memory (at least 2Gb of RAM) to allow the use of the NiaB Virtual Machine. This will enable participants to use the software of the Commission and continue processing and analyzing SHI data after the training.
Applicants are requested to visit the Opens external link in new windowctnw.ctbt.org website and apply online no later than 31 March 2019.
Financial support may be available for a limited number of participants. Such assistance must be requested at the time of registration (by selecting the relevant box during online registration) and no later than 31 March 2019.
States Signatories wishing to nominate experts are requested to inform the above point of contact of the Provisional Technical Secretariat through their respective Permanent Mission to the CTBTO.
Selected participants to the training will be requested to submit an abstract related to NDC projects for waveform technologies, with a focus on infrasound technology. Complete instructions will be provided.
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs for the training.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchased their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance;
- Health insurance will be provided for the duration of the training.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding Embassy/Consulate upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.
It is strongly recommended that prior to departure all participants should acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the training.