NDC WORKSHOP ON IDC PROGRESSIVE COMMISSIONING PLAN
19 - 20 June 2019
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
A-1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6147
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The Workshop will provide NDCs and opportunity to get involved in activities related to the IDC Progressive Commissioning Plan. The focus will be on the NDCs roles and responsibilities in the IDC Progressive Commissioning as specified in the IDC Validation and Acceptance Test Plan as well as their participation in the IDC Experiments.
The main themes of the NDC Workshop on IDC Progressive Commissioning Plan will be:
- Progressive Commissioning of the IDC and the IMS (PTS);
- NDC roles and responsibilities in Progressive Commissioning and IDC Experiments;
- Expert presentations, discussion and feedback;
- IDC Experiments (PTS);
- Expert presentations, discussion and feedback; and
- Meeting outcomes and action items (PTS).
NDC staff with technical expertise in one of the four IMS technologies, the functions of the IDC and in performance monitoring and testing.
REGISTRATION AND ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Participants are invited to register online at the Commission’s CTNW platform http://ctnw.ctbto.org, where abstracts can also be submitted using online submission forms.
By submitting an abstract, authors implicitly agree to the publication of their abstract and presentation materials by the CTBTO.
No registration fee will be charged.
The deadline for abstract submission, registration and application for funding is 18 February 2019.
States Signatories wishing to nominate experts to participate are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (Point of Contact above) through their respective Permanent Mission.
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
Funding will be considered for those developing country experts fully meeting the Participants Profile.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to the cover related expenses during the meeting;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, they are authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation. Training participants will receive their remaining DSA upon arrival in Vienna; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the training.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
In order to ensure timely processing, participants should apply for visas, if needed, and as soon as possible, at the corresponding Embassy/Consulate upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat in order to ensure timely processing.
Nominations arriving late may risk that the time required to obtain visas for the host country can no longer be met. In this context, the Secretariat wishes to advise that the host country requests a 5-week deadline for the submission of Schengen-Visa requests to the respective Embassy/Consulate.
It is strongly recommended that prior to departure all participants should acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the meeting.