TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR PKI OPERATORS FOR RN AND WAVEFORM STATIONS
18-22 November 2019
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 26030 6147
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
To provide PKI Operators with the basic knowledge and technical understanding on Data Authentication, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) concepts and terminology and Data Surety, how to generate key pairs and submit certificate requests, and how to retrieve and install certificates for radionuclide and waveform station systems such as SSI, Guralp, Nanometrics.
- Basic Information on Data Authentication
- Public Key Infrastructre (PKI) Concepts and Terminology
- Data Surety
- Command and Control
- PKI Portal introduction
- Generate Key pairs and submit certificate request;
- Retrieve and install certificates for:
(a) SSI software and
(b) Guralp and Nanometrics digitizers.
Nominated PKI Operators at IMS stations
Invited States Signatories should nominate participants who are PKI operators at the following stations:
- AS007 (Bangladesh)
- IS26, IS27, PS19 (Germany)
- AS035 (Germany/South Africa)
- AS036 (Greece)
- AS037 (Guatemala)
- AS038, RN34 (Iceland)
- AS040, AS041, AS042, AS043, AS044, AS045 (Indonesia)
- AS050 (Italy)
- AS056 (Jordan)
- AS057, AS058, AS059 (Kazakhstan)
- RN44 (Mexico)
- AS066 (Morocco)
- RN23, RN46, RN47 (New Zealand)
- AS072, AS073, IS37, PS27, PS28, RN49 (Norway)
- AS074 (Oman)
- AS076, IS40, RN51 (Papua New Guinea)
- AS077 (Peru)
- AS080 (Philippines)
- HA07, RN53 (Portugal)
- AS097 (Senegal)
- AS099 (South Africa)
- RN63 (Sweden)
- AS104, RN67, RN68 (United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland)
- AS118 (Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of))
- AS119 (Zambia)
- AS120 (Zimbabwe)
PKI Operators of IMS stations not listed above may also apply. Their participation will be subject to availability of places in the training course.
Applicants are encouraged to complete the following
Candidates must be proficient in English.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established official channels (Permanent Mission to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 1 September 2019.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
However, pending the official nomination, participants may fax the registration form upon its approval by a Director of the institution, in order to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- A DSA that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel; and
- Health insurance will be provided to cover the duration of the training.
Requirement: scanned passport copies
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding Embassy/Consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.
Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.