TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR RUSSIAN-SPEAKING STATION OPERATORS OF RADIONUCLIDE MONITORING STATIONS
Dubna, Russian Federation
20-25 May 2019
The working language will be Russian
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6147
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Operators with the knowledge and technical understanding on the operations, maintenance and management of a manual radionuclide station and, more specifically, to provide hands-on training for the various operational and maintenance procedures.
Daily station operation, including:
- Status checks, new filter preparation, taking flow samples and checking status;
- Filter management and filter logging procedures;
- Data sending, authentication and security.
Periodic Station Operations and data management, including:
- Detector calibration, the principles of Gamma spectrometry detection, taking background measurements, blank filter measurements;
- Data backup, management, and re-sending of spectral data;
- Operational set-up after long outage;
- Required reports and reporting;
- Station equipment maintenance schedule;
- Data availability and downtime;
- Station management and administrative procedures.
Station operators of IMS radionuclide stations installed in the Russian Federation directly concerned with the operation, maintenance and repair of such equipment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
Applicants are invited to submit their applications for this training through established official channels (their Permanent Mission to the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS Point of Contact above, no later than 22 March 2019.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
RF_TT Russian Speaking SOs
Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified subsequently.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be the most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.
The PTS will organize accommodation for the participants.
All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.