TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR RADIONUCLIDE STATION OPERATORS WITH ORTEC EQUIPMENT
Oak Ridge, Tennessee, United States of America
5-7 November 2019
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6147
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide hands-on training and practical lessons to station operators on the operation, maintenance and repair of the ORTEC gamma detector system manufactured by AMETEK.
The courses will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Detector Systems;
- Detector Troubleshooting;
- Detector repair;
- X-Cooler Troubleshooting;
- DSPEC Troubleshooting
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are station operators involved in the operation, maintenance and repair of stations with ORTEC gamma detector systems manufactured by AMETEK.
In an effort to ensure that relevant technical training is provided to the appropriate person, please nominate individuals that are directly related to an IMS facility (only stations with ORTEC equipment).
Candidates must be proficient in English.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are station operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following stations:
RN04, RN05, RN06, RN07, RN08, RN09, RN11, RN19, RN22, RN34, RN37, RN38, RN42, RN51, RN53, RN63, RN67, RN68
Applicants are encouraged to complete the following e-learning modules:
Nominations, together with the registration forms, should be submitted only though established official channels (Permanent Mission to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 5 July 2019.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
Initiates file downloadRF TT Programme Radionuclide Station Operators_ORTEC Equipment
However, pending the official nomination, participants may fax the registration upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements to be made by the PTS.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- A DSA that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and participants will receive their DSA on the first day of the training; and
- All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.
The training programme is open only for Station Operators from invited countries.
Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.