TRAINING COURSE ON NDC CAPACITY BUILDING: ACCESS AND ANALYSIS OF WAVEFORM IMS DATA AND IDC PRODUCTS
Vienna International Centre, Austria
10-21 June 2019
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O.Box 1200, A-1400
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6327
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products; and
- Providing practical experience in analyzing IMS data.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- NDC Support/Performance Reports;
- IMS Data, Acquisition, Processing and Storage: Standard Software Packages;
- Necessary NDC's Resources to Process IMS Data and Analyse IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on Data and Products Access, and use of Standard Software Packages, etc.
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in waveform data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test-ban verification;
- Seismologists with an advanced degree who operate or have access to regional and local seismic network data and the means of processing that data to provide accurate phase pick information;
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required;
- Passing the NDC e-Learning course is a prerequisite.
NDC Technical Staff are invited to submit their applications for this training course through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 8 March 2019.
Applicants are requested to register via the following registration form:
Registration Form TC Waveform
Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified subsequently.
However, pending the official nomination, participants may fax the registration, upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements to be made by the PTS.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, they are authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and training. Participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna; and
- All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.