EXPERT MEETING ON ADVANCES IN WAVEFORM PROCESSING AND SPECIAL STUDIES
Korea Institute of Geoscience & Mineral Resources (KIGAM)
Daejeon, Republic of Korea
19-23 October 2020
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division (IDC/CBT)
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
A-1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6147
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The PTS is actively pursuing initiatives to improve the performance of the IDC waveform automatic processing pipeline. Some active research and development areas are:
- Further development of an integrated waveform quality control module and its application in all stages of the automatic processing pipeline;
- Evaluating the new methods that can improve the pipeline performance in processing aftershock sequences and recurring events;
- Evaluating and integrating new detectors and associators into the IDC processing pipeline;
- Tuning components of IDC pipeline processing in order to optimize their performance;
- Advances in event screening;
- Evaluating global seismic and/or hydro-acoustic three-dimensional travel time models and optimizing location capabilities.
The objective of this technical expert meeting is twofold:
- Part of of the meeting will be dedicated to exploring advances to waveform processing that may improve the IDC waveform pipeline processing, including tools and methodologies for testing and validation;
- Part of the meeting will be dedicated to discussing waveform Special Studies and Expert Technical Analysis - methods, use of data and content of UEB and SRMR.
Meeting participants are welcome to contribute to the technical meeting by making a brief presentation related to one of the topics above.
To be determined.
Experts from NDCs and research establishments that are involved in testing, applying and developing waveform methods that may be suitable for inclusion into the IDC waveform automatic processing pipeline, or may be applicable to Special Studies and Expert Technical Analysis.
Applicants are requested to visit our website Opens external link in new windowctnw.ctbto.org and apply online latest by 15 May 2020.
The same deadline applies to abstract submission.
Financial support may be available for a limited number of participants. Such assistance must be requested at the time of registration (by selecting the relevant box during online registration) and no later than 15 May 2020.
States Signatories wishing to nominate experts are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission.
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide funded participants with a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to the cover related expenses during the expert meeting programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economical route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the expert meeting programme.
Requirement: scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
In order to ensure timely processing, participants should apply for visas, if needed and as soon as possible, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Letter from the Provisional Technical Secretariat.
It is strongly recommended that prior to departure all participants should acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the meeting.