NDC CAPACITY BUILDING: ONLINE NDC WAVEFORM TRAINING COURSE USING SEISCOMP3 FOR THE SEAPFE REGION
THIS TRAINING COURSE WILL BE HELD ONLINE THROUGH THE WEBEX VIDEO-CONFERENCING PLATFORM.
9-13 November 2020
07:00-12:00 CET / 06:00-11:00 GMT
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400
Tel: +43 1 26030 6484
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
To strengthen the capacity of the participation of States Signatories in the verification regime and to enhance their use of PTS data and products for civil and scientific applications using SeisComP3.
- Key features of SeisComP3;
- Demonstration of a real SeisComP3 system;
- Importing station information;
- Station configuration including basic data acquisition: SeisComP3 operation;
- Basic introduction into GUIs (scrttv, scmv, scesv);
- Self-exercise: Repeat with new or own network;
- GUI operation;
- Practical training: picking, artificial origins, locating, magnitudes, focal mechanisms;
- Practical on GUI operation;
- Tuning for local earthquakes;
- Practical on learned topics;
- Overview over CTBTO modules;
- Data management modules;
- SeisComP3 trouble shooting, logging, debugging;
- The training is only open to CTBT States Signatories belonging to South-East Asia, the Pacific and the Far East (SEAPFE) regions;
- Technical staff/authorized users involved or to be involved in the use of IMS data and IDC products;
- NDC staff are the main target group;
- Experience in waveform data analysis; and
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating system and SQL would also be beneficial.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Speed of Internet connection not less than 10 Mbps.
- Computer to be used during the online training course:
- Desktop with two connected monitors or laptop with one external monitor;
- CPU ≥ 4 cores, RAM ≥ 4GB;
- Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is supported by hardware and enabled;
- Windows Operating system is preferable.
- Headset for high-quality audio and web camera.
States Signatories wishing to nominate participants are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission by the deadline of 11 October 2020.
In addition, applicants are requested to register online at the Commission’s CTNW platform: https://ctnw.ctbto.org