NDC CAPACITY BUILDING:ONLINE TRAINING COURSE ON ACCESS AND ANALYSIS OF RADIONUCLIDE IMS DATA AND IDC PRODUCTS
THIS TRAINING COURSE WILL BE HELD ONLINE THROUGH THE WEBEX VIDEO-CONFERENCING PLATFORM.
Note: this training is in lieu of the two (2) trainings originally scheduled from 9 to 27 March 2020 and from 29 June to 17 July 2020 and which were postponed due to the COVID19 pandemic.
30 November - 11 December 2020
14:00-17:00 CET ~ 13:00-16:00 GMT
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division (IDC/CBT)
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products; and
- Providing practical experience in analzying IMS radionuclide data.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- NDC Support/Performance Reports;
- IMS Data, acquisition, processing and storage: standard software packages;
- Necessary NDCs' Resources to Process IMS Data and Analyse IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on data and products access;
- Use of standard software modules in the NDC-in-a-Box package for processing and analysis of particulate and noble gas radionuclide data, including comparison with analysis results in IDC products;
- Post processing of atmospheric transport modelling output.
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in radionuclide data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test-ban verification; and
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required;
- Passing the e-Learning course is a prerequisite and is considered in selection of participants.
Note: E-Learning Training Course on NDC Capacity Building: Access and Application of IMS Data and IDC Products is accessible via the CTBTO Knowledge and Training portal (https://ktp.ctbto.org).
To register, please visit the e-Learning webpage (https://www.ctbto.org/ndc-e-course) and follow instructions.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Speed of Internet connection not less than 10 Mbps.
- Computer to be used during the online training course:
- Desktop with two connected monitors or laptop with one external monitor;
- CPU ≥ 4 cores, RAM ≥ 4GB;
- Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is supported by hardware and enabled;
- Windows Operating system is preferable.
- Headset for high-quality audio and web camera.