ONLINE IDC SHI REENGINEERING ALPHA TESTER GROUP (ATG) TECHNICAL MEETING
Online Technical Meeting through WebEx Video Conferencing platform
Vienna International Centre, Austria
13-14 April 2021
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
The PTS is undertaking the IDC SHI Reengineering project since 2014 with the goal of creating modernized, open-source software for SHI processing, and improving maintainability and extensibility to the system. Starting 2019, the project entered the Implementation phase and is currently under active development.
The future system is based on a software being developed for the US NDC. The aim of this Alpha Tester Group is to enhance the engagement of the NDC community towards the IDC Reengineering project. It allows low-barrier access for State Signatories and NDCs to the current state of the reengineered system.
The ATG project is funded by the European Union in the context of the EU Council Decision (CFSP) 2020/901 of 29 June 2020.
The role of the Alpha Testers Group (ATG) is to validate the results of the system, provide feedbacks on the system design and usability.
The objective of the Technical Meeting is to:
- Present the scope of the testing session;
- Provide the current status of development;
- Guide the testers on the discovery of the newly developed features. First session will focus on the discovery of the data model and the use APIs developed for station processing; and
- Get ATG members able to run testing scripts and adapt them to different test cases.
There will be two testing sessions in 2021 where the ATG Members will be requested to:
- Participate in the two days kick-off meeting of each of the testing sessions (13-14 April 2021 and 27-28 October 2021);
- Perform the evaluation of the system. Each ATG member will be provided with a test instance of the system accessible over the internet for a duration of one month;
- Provide feedbacks on problems encountered and opportunities for future developments;
- Liaise with other technical users in their NDC and represent their opinions on the ATG.
NDCs involved in Alpha Testing activities are expected to make time available for the ATG Members to perform the related activities. It is estimated that each ATG member will need to devote around 20 days of work in 2021 to ATG activities.
In order to be effective in this work, it is recommended that each participating NDC nominate only one (1) person for ATG membership and that the ATG do not exceed 10 to 12 members with broad geographical distribution. After a careful selection process, and once the testing instance is delivered to the NDC nominee, other members of the NDC can be part of the testing.
Members of the ATG should be:
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experienced in waveform processing and knowledgeable about the current IDC SHI processing;
- Experienced in waveform technology and/or similar experience related to nuclear test ban verification technologies;
- Experienced in software programming or scripting, ideally using Python;
- Linux background and some experience working with APIs are desirable.
Applicants are requested to register online at the Commission’s CTNW platform: https://ctnw.ctbto.org by the application deadline of 19 March 2021.
States Signatories wishing to nominate participants are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission by the deadline set for application.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR WORKPLACE ARRANGEMENTS OF PARTICIPANTS
- Speed of Internet connection not less than 10 Mbps.
- Computer to be used during the online training course:
- Desktop with two connected monitors or laptop with one external monitor is recommended to follow the course and access test instance at the same time;
- CPU ≥ 4 cores, RAM ≥ 8GB;
- Recent web browser of your choice.
- Headset for high-quality audio and web camera.