TECHNICAL MEETING ON THE IDC VALIDATION AND ACCEPTANCE TEST PLAN
This meeting will take place online
13-16 October 2020
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6132
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The objective of this technical meeting is to continue the process of completing the IDC Validation and Acceptance Test Plan (VATP). The focus for this particular meeting will be on reviewing the changes that were introduced following the June 2019 meeting and to continue improving the content of the individual tests. A summary of the outcome from this meeting will be presented to the Fifty-Sixth Session of Working Group B (WGB-56).
- Introduction and review of the current progressive commissioning status;
- Review of the VATP purpose, structure and evolution of the documentation;
- Presentations and discussion of the results from the previous experiments (emphasis on the most recent results);
- Summary of the evaluation of Experiment 4;
- Review of draft assessment of experiments 1- 4;
- Expert presentations, discussion and feedback;
- Presentation and discussion related to the challenges encountered during the previous experiments and how these will be overcome in the future;
- Review of verification methods, acceptance criteria and metrics for the validation tests planned for the 2021 Experiment.
- Review of verification methods, acceptance criteria and metrics for the validation tests planned for 2021 Experiment (cont.);
- Review of the latest draft of the VATP document.
- Review of the latest draft of the VATP document (cont.);
- Plan for future experiments;
- Meeting outcomes and action items.
Expert contributions are sought for each topic of the agenda. These contributions should focus on specific, concrete suggestions to the VATP that will help the PTS and WGB achieve positive outcomes from these activities. Supporting documents will be posted on the ECS prior to the meeting.
The meeting is aimed towards scientists, engineers and other persons who have technical expertise in one of the four IMS technologies, the functions of the IDC and in performance monitoring and testing. Participants are expected to provide their technical input to the VATP and related activities, such as the 2021 experiment.
States Signatories are expected to nominate Experts who will provide substantive inputs to the topics to be discussed.
Information will be available on the Expert Communications System (ECS) prior to the meeting. Experts are expected to review and evaluate the latest version of the VATP and all other related material.
The Provisional Technical Secretariat may solicit presentations from participants on the topics of the meeting.
All applicants are requested to apply through the online registration platform https://ctnw.ctbto.org before 31 August 2020.
Applicants are invited to submit an abstract relevant to the objectives of the meeting at the time of registration via the registration platform before 31 July 2020.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Power-Point presentations shall not exceed 15 minutes.