TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR RADIONUCLIDE STATION OPERATORS WITH SPALAX EQUIPMENT
27 - 30 April 2020
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6327
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide IMS station operators with the required knowledge and technical understanding of SPALAX noble gas monitoring systems in order to perform operations and maintenance tasks.
Introduction and General Concept of the noble gas system SPALAX (sampling, processing, measurement, archive).
- Explanation of the basic structure of the SPALAX software modules and communication between them;
- Software procedures for non-routine operations, such as manually start/stop SPALAX process and acquisition;
- Resending spectrum upon request from the PTS;
- Practical exercise and examples of operations in the "Maintenance Mode" of SPALAX software.
SPALAX process analysis and diagnosis
- SPALAX Process data analysis: detecting, understanding, and resolution of problems, interpretation of SoH-patterns and relating them to specific operational problems;
- Case Studies of operational problems from SPALAX stations.
HP Ge detector
- HPGe detector system - installation and replacement of detector and MCA, hardware and software (Genie-2000) related issues;
- Calibration of the HPGe detector system. Preparation of calibration certificates;
- Detector background measurement;
- Explain Detector Background measurement.
Thermal conductivity detector (TCD) and SPALAX electronics
- TCD replacement and calibration: expert;
- Diagnosis and replacement of electronic cards;
- Replacement of compressor and/or compressor head;
- Maintenance Procedures level 3 on Air Compressor;
- Operation of safety valve;
- Non-return valve inspection;
- Tips seals replacement;
- Scroll bearings greasing;
- Greasing of the pairs of bearing;
- V-belt Replacement;
- Scroll air end (if item in spares).
Procedure to inject a radioxenon spike into the SPALAX system.
Station operators who are responsible for daily operation and maintenance of SPALAX noble gas monitoring systems at IMS stations.
Candidates must be proficient in English.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are station operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following stations:
CAX16, CAX17, CMX13, DEX33, FRX27, FRX29, FRX30, FRX31, MNX45, PAX50, ARX01, THX65 and CNX20.
In an effort to ensure that relevant technical training is provided to the appropriate person(s), nominated individuals are to be directly responsible for the IMS SPALAX noble gas system facilities.
Applicants are encouraged to complete the following e-learning modules:
EN-POL01, EN-POL04, EN-MON04, EN-MON06, EN-MON07, EN-MON08, EN-MON09, EN-MON10;
Radiation Safety: EN-OSI04, EN-OSI05, EN-OSI06
These are available upon direct request to email@example.com
Nominations, together with the registration forms, should be submitted only through established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS Point of Contact above, no later than 2 March 2020.
However, pending the official nomination, applicants may fax the registration, upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- A DSA that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and participants will pay the hotel themselves using their DSA, which they receive upon arrival in Poissy; and
- Health insurance will be provided for the duration of the training.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding Embassy/Consulate upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.
Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.
The training programme is open only for Station Operators from invited countries