TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR STATIONS OPERATORS OF IMS SEISMIC AND HYDROACOUSTIC T-PHASE STATIONS WITH NANOMETRICS AND GURALP EQUIPMENT
ONLINE COURSE VIA VIDEO CONFERENCING AND THE CTBTO KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING PORTAL (KTP)
22-26 March 2021
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division (IDC/CBT)
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Operators with knowledge and technical understanding on the operations, maintenance and management of an IMS waveform station using Nanometrics Europa-T and Guralp DM24 digitizers.
Upon completion of the course the trainees will be able to efficiently perform essential tasks for station operation, reporting and configuration management, to conduct proper State of Health (SOH) and data monitoring, and to proceed with methodical equipment and software configuration and maintenance. In particular, the trainees will be able to:
- Identify and describe the main station systems, components and equipment;
- Illustrate Europa-T and DM24 digitizers and SSI software configuration;
- Use State-of-Health (SOH) and data monitoring tools and demonstrate ability to assess station performance and SOH information;
- Practice on IRS reporting and outline main operational tasks, including calibration;
- Explain the concept of configuration management and demonstrate efficient use of DOTS;
- Devise interconnection between operations and maintenance activities and sources of support to sustain IMS stations;
- Devise mitigation, troubleshooting and problem solving of failures with large impact on station performance, including recent experiences in relation to COVID-19 pandemic.
Introduction to the online course
Station components, systems and equipment. Site/channel names and codes.
DOTS, Configuration management and station documentation.
Digitizers – components, configuration and monitoring tools.
SSI software – structure, configuration and monitoring tools.
Station operation procedures, calibration and monitoring tools. Reporting procedures and IRS.
Daily State-of-Health and data monitoring.
Discussion on interconnection between operations and maintenance activities, mitigation, troubleshooting and problem solving of failures with large impact on station performance, including recent experiences in relation to COVID-19 pandemic.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are Station Operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following IMS stations:
PS02, PS04, PS05, PS12, PS13, PS17, PS22, PS24, PS26, PS40, PS4, PS44
AS005, AS006, AS037, AS040, AS042, AS043, AS044, AS045, AS049, AS051, AS052, AS053, AS054, AS055, AS056, AS076, AS101, AS102
To ensure that relevant technical training is provided to the appropriate persons, please nominate individuals who are directly connected to the respective IMS facility. Station Operators who have not attended similar trainings in the past are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to complete the following e-learning modules:
EN-POL01- CTBT History, Treaty, Organization and Verification Regime
EN-POL03 - Overview of the IDC
EN-POL04 - Overview of the IMS
EN-MON07 - Operation of the IMS Network
EN-MON10 - Maintenance of IMS Stations
EN-MON14 - Reporting by Station Operators
EN-MON15 - Completing a CCN, CCR, and SSR
EN-USER04 - Basic Linux
The above mentioned courses are available upon direct request to email@example.com
Basic Linux knowledge is MANDATORY.
Applicants are requested to register online at the Commission’s CTNW platform: https://ctnw.ctbto.org
Application deadline: 5 March 2021
States Signatories wishing to nominate participants are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission by the deadline set for application.
TECHNICAL RECOMMENDATIONS FOR WORKPLACE ARRANGEMENTS OF PARTICIPANTS
- Speed of Internet connection not less than 10 Mbps.
- Computer to be used during the online training course:
- Desktop, if possible, with two connected monitors or laptop, if possible with one external monitor;
- CPU ≥ 4 cores, RAM ≥ 8GB;
- Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is supported by hardware and enabled;
- Windows Operating system is preferable.
- Headset for high-quality audio and web camera.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Access and login instructions for the CTBTO Knowledge and Training Portal (KTP) will be provided to participants prior to the training.