TRAINING COURSE ON NDC CAPACITY BUILDING:
ACCESS AND ANALYSIS OF RADIONUCLIDE IMS DATA & IDC PRODUCTS
ONLINE TRAINING COURSE VIA VIDEO-CONFERENCING
1 to 12 March 2021
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6132
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products; and
- Providing practical experience in analzying IMS radionuclide data.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- NDC Support/Performance Reports;
- IMS Data, acquisition, processing and storage: standard software packages;
- Necessary NDC's Resources to Process IMS Data and Analyse IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on data and products access;
- Use of standard software modules in the NDC-in-a-Box package for processing and analysis of particulate and noble gas radionuclide data, including comparison with analysis results in IDC products;
- Post processing of atmospheric transport modelling output.
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in radionuclide data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test-ban verification;
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required;
- Passing the e-Learning course is a prerequisite and is considered in selection of participants.
Note: E-Learning Training Course on NDC Capacity Building: Access and Application of IMS Data and IDC Products is accessible via the CTBTO Knowledge and Training portal (https://ktp.ctbto.org).
To register, please visit the e-Learning webpage (https://www.ctbto.org/ndc-e-course) and follow instructions.
States Signatories wishing to nominate participants are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission by the deadline set for application.
Application deadline: 31 January 2021
In addition, applicants are requested to register online at the Commission’s CTNW platform: Opens external link in new windowhttps://ctnw.ctbto.org
TECHNICAL RECOMMENDATIONS FOR WORKPLACE ARRANGEMENTS OF PARTICIPANTS
- Speed of Internet connection not less than 10 Mbps.
- Computer to be used during the online training course:
- Desktop with two connected monitors or laptop with one external monitor;
- CPU ≥ 4 cores, RAM ≥ 8GB;
- Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is supported by hardware and enabled;
- Windows Operating system is preferable;
- Headset for high-quality audio and web camera.