EXPERT MEETING ON ADVANCES IN WAVEFORM PROCESSING AND SPECIAL STUDIES
Online training course through the WebEx video-conferencing platform
The PTS is actively pursuing initiatives to improve the performance of the IDC waveform automatic processing pipeline.
Some active research and development areas are:
Further development of an integrated waveform quality control module and its application in all stages of the automatic processing pipeline;
Evaluating new methods that can improve the pipeline performance in processing aftershock sequences and recurring events;
Evaluating and integrating new detectors and associators into the IDC processing pipeline;
Tuning components of IDC pipeline processing in order to optimize their performance;
Advances in event screening;
Evaluating global seismic and/or hydro-acoustic three-dimensional travel time models and optimizing location capabilities.
18-22 October 2021
The working language is English
POINT OF CONTACT
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division (IDC/CBT)
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
A-1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6147
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The objective of this technical expert meeting is twofold:
- Part of the meeting will be dedicated to exploring advances to waveform processing that may improve the IDC waveform pipeline processing, including tools and methodologies for testing and validation;
- The majority of the meeting will be dedicated to discussing waveform Special Studies and Expert Technical Analysis – procedures, methods, use of data and content of UEB and SRMR.
Meeting participants are welcome to contribute to the technical meeting by making a brief presentation related to one of the topics above.
To be determined.
The focus of the meeting will be on Special Studies and Expert Technical Analysis - developing procedures, methods, guidelines on use of data, and content of UEB and SRMR
Experts from NDCs and research establishments that are involved in testing, applying and developing waveform methods that may be suitable for inclusion into the IDC waveform automatic processing pipeline, or may be applicable to Special Studies and Expert Technical Analysis.
Applicants are requested to register online at the Commission’s CTNW platform: https://ctnw.ctbto.org
Deadline for Application: 4 August 2021
State Signatories wishing to nominate participants are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission by the deadline set for application.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR WORKPLACE SET-UP OF PARTICIPANTS
- Speed of Internet connection not less than 10 Mbps.
- Computer to be used during the online training course:
- Desktop with two connected monitors or laptop with one external monitor;
- CPU ≥ 4 cores, RAM ≥ 8GB;
- Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is supported by hardware and enabled;
- Windows Operating system is preferable.
- Headset for high-quality audio and web camera.